A Home Away From Home
Accessibility & Facilities
At Quiet Waters Caravan Park, near Huntingdon area, Cambridge, we cater for caravans and motor homes, and strive to ensure that all visitors can enjoy all facilities and surroundings within the park. Our aim is to help in any way that we can and, if you require any assistance during your stay or whilst you’re planning your visit, we will be delighted to assist.
We also hire out holiday static caravans, give us a call to request your brochure today.
The reception area has parking bays to the side of the entrance, with a tiled area up to the door. A ramp is available if required.
Once registered at reception, guests have access to the park. A barrier restricts entry, access code given on booking
- Tarmac roads throughout, with speed ramps places around the park.
- Access from the park to the river bank; approx 50 yards from the touring park, and also approx 50 yards from the park view caravans. River view caravans are positioned directly on the river bank.
- Benches located by the river bank and throughout the park
- Street lighting, which is operational all night.
- Toilet and shower blocks lit all night. heated during April & October
- Parking available on a grass area by each caravan or pitch.
- Water points, chemical disposals, dustbins, recycling and fire points are all available around the park.
- On-Site Fishing is available on our private stretch of river exclusively for park guests only.
- Ground are mainly grass areas, with trees and flower beds.
- Assistance in pitching available – Ask on arrival.
Washing Facilities Available
- The park has two blocks of washing facilities.
- The large block offering three showers, toilets, and wash basins (separate male and female facilities).
- The smaller block is for disabled use. This block has ramp access, level entry shower cubicle and wash basins, all accompanied by handrails. Click here for full accessibility details.
- Access to toilet block via a key.
- Laundry facilities are located in the ladies’ shower block, with separate doors dividing shower / laundry facilities.
- The laundry facilities include one front loading washing machine and one tumble dryer (both coin operated).
- There are also 2 large sinks available; one for clothes washing and one for washing crockery etc.
- Ironing boards are supplied, and irons are available by request at the reception office, at no additional charge. Irons are electric point only, reached by standing.
Caravan Facilities / Touring Facilities
- Static holiday caravans have 3 solid concrete steps to the main door, with hand rails, and 3 metal steps to the second door.
- All caravans sleep 6; comprising of 1 double bedroom, 1 twin bedroom and a pull out double bed in the lounge area.
- Caravans have an open plan kitchen and lounge area, separate toilet and shower room. Showers have one step in to the cubicle.
- All caravans are non-smoking and have their own refuse bin.
- All caravans are on mains water, sewage and electric, with LPG gas cooking and heating, with a small gas fire in the lounge.
- Parking allowed buy units or directly opposite
- We have 18 hardstanding touring pitches, with awnings on grass area. All pitches have electric
- We have 2 grass pitches
- 2 pitches available by the shower facilities, ideal for disabled guests. All other pitches approx. 50 yards from facilities.
Additional Facilities available on site:
- Personal Trainer
- Sports Therapist
- Massage Therapist
- Football Coaching
- Fishing from our banks
- Boats for hire. Or bring your own small boat
- Local bus service available 100 yards from the park entrance (offering limited routes to St Ives, Huntingdon and Cambridge).
- Nearest train station is situated in Huntingdon, which direct trains to London.
- Local taxi numbers are available from the reception office
- Local maps, walks and full range of leaflets available from the reception office.
Although we have tried to be as accurate as possible, and include as much detail as we can in this statement, we are always willing to give additional information on any aspect of the park. If you did not find the information you were looking for, or you have any further questions or queries please let us know and we will endeavour to answer your questions and update the statement for future use where necessary.
We welcome any feedback you may have to help us to continuously improve our service, please phone 01480 463405.
Visit QUIET WATERS
We Have Vacancies!
We will get back to you as soon as possible!
If you are looking for a break away to see the beautiful city of Cambridge and its surroundings, then look no further than Quiet Waters Caravan Park, situated in the delightful village of Hemingford Abbots, in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire - along the banks of the River Ouse.
Please either use our “Contact Form Live Link” or send us an email or simply call 01480 463405 we would be delighted to assist you.